Friday, March 24, 2006

Damn

Well, I was on my way to post something else till I chanced upon Annie's post. The images are very interesting and many among them have moved me. This post is just an emotional reaction of mine regarding a picture I saw.

This one has seriously disturbed me. So what they are prostitutes, I don't think they deserve this....I know, it's their decision to work, I know. However, this line"One of the many prostitutes who work until the last day of their pregnancies." just brings a chill within me. I somehow don't feel that it is right. I think prostitutes should have maternity leave too :( Very depressing....

4 comments:

bablu said...

Yes - its very sad. Their decision to work - well circumstances drive them to it... I met one such girl and she told me how she was kidnapped when she was on her way to school and forced to work in Bombay.

Garima said...

yeah, it is just the circumstances which make then to work like animals... but can v chng the system?? i really doubt.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd seen them too. Wonderful, ya. Moving.

Scoot said...

sad situation.wish they had a better life somehow